To understand your resignation options, please read our:
- DFRDB Book [PDF 3 MB]
Your options are to take:
- a lump sum refund of your contributions paid to DFRDB, plus
- a superannuation guarantee top-up (in limited circumstances only to ensure your receive equivalent of the minimum super contribution, currently 9% of salary), plus
- a gratuity (depending on individual circumstances), plus
- a superannuation productivity benefit or defer that benefit in limited circumstances.
You can also preserve your benefit rather than take a refund.
Benefit application forms
If you resign with 20 years or more effective service, please complete:
- Application for DFRDB retirement pay, commutation and superannuation productivity (including MilitarySuper ancillary benefit) form [PDF 1 MB]
If you resign with at least 15 but less than 20 years effective service AND reach your retiring age rank, please complete: