- Application for DFRDB spouse, child/student or student pension (including MilitarySuper ancillary benefit) form [PDF 1 MB]
- Application for estate benefit form
- Spouse of a deceased pensioner [PDF 956 KB]
- Child of a deceased pensioner [PDF 986 KB]
- Review of student pension [PDF 831 KB]
- Dependant’s benefits factsheet [PDF 386 KB]
- DFRDB Book [PDF 3 MB]
Please read our Death benefit after retirement quick guide [JPG 101 KB].
If you die in retirement, your spouse’s benefit will be paid at the rate of 62.5% (five eighths) of the benefit you received at the time of your death, disregarding any previous commutation reduction. However, for the first seven days following your death, your spouse will be paid at the same rate you received at the time of your death.